You could not get more literal than this: 33-year-old Ben Patey was more than opportunistic to have photographed seven nuns from the Ware Carmelite Monestary sitting waiting for a train at Seven Sisters Overground station. The group had been at a meeting in Notting Hill when they were on their travels back to Ware in Hertfordshire.
Sister Fiona of the, actually, eight member congregation said they had been in London for “an important meeting.”
The North London area of Seven Sisters was, in fact, not named after nuns at all nor does it have any religious connotation. The name derives from seven elm trees that had been planted in the area then known as Page Green. The trees encircled a walnut tree. Contemporary maps from 1619 appear to show the group of trees. By 1732, the name ‘Seven Sisters’ appears to have been in use. By 1805, the Ordnance Survey had included the name on their maps.
Today (27th February), the Gospel Oak to Barking line on London Overground after five months of full closure for important National Rail works to convert the line to electric.
Although the line has reopened it has been revealed that National Rail had failed to complete the planned works on time. This was due to the fact that the structures that were meant to carry overhead lines were of the wrong design. This means there will be further delays and several materials were not delivered on time either. More closures will be planned meaning more disruption to passengers.
Transport for London are planning to get compensation from National Rail for not delivering the works on time. National Rail, however have insisted that the works will be delivered in good time.
New trains will arrive next year which enable four car electric trains to operate.